Procedures and Guidelines
The purpose of these procedures and guidelines are to ensure that:
- The WVU academic community is aware of the services provided by iDesign-Classroom (formerly CTec) and the established procedures for receiving them.
- Services are consistently, fairly, and equitably provided by the iDesign-Classroom staff as they adhere to these policies.
- Standards are created to address inconsistencies among supported facilities and promote ease of use.
Availability: iDesign-Classroom provides centralized technical support to designated classrooms and locations on the WVU campus. iDesign-Classroom staff members provide consulting and training to WVU instructors for the delivery of media-enhanced course information. Additionally, consulting is provided for the creation of new technology-enhanced facilities and for the renovation of existing facilities. Limited media duplication and conversion services are provided for course-related needs. These services are available upon request and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ownership: Permissions for use and proof of ownership of materials and information provided to iDesign-Classroom by instructors are the responsibility of the instructor and may be required prior to duplicating or converting the information. Classroom equipment provided by iDesign-Classroom is owned by West Virginia University.
Security: The physical security of technology-enhanced teaching spaces is primarily the responsibility of the users of that facility. The iDesign-Classroom staff provides assistance with establishing security policies for these facilities.
- Technology Support - Policy for instructional technology support by the iDesign-Classroom group
- Classroom Use – Policy for instructional technology classroom use in facilities supported by the iDesign-Classroom group.
- Media Duplication/Conversion – Policy for media duplication services provided by the iDesign-Classroom group and Multimedia Services.
- Outside Equipment – Policy for the use of equipment brought into a classroom supported by the iDesign-Classroom group.
- Disposal Practices – Policy for technology equipment and used material disposal.
- Computer Use – Policy for computer use in facilities supported by the iDesign-Classroom group.
- Computer Configuration Guidelines – Recommendations for computer software installations and configurations for classrooms.
- Installation Guidelines – Recommendations for instructional technology systems and equipment for installation into classrooms.
- Keys and Electronic Locks - Policy for accessing iDesign-Classroom equipment in technology classrooms